What I Actually Want for Mother’s Day (A Slight Hint to My Family)
I know my husband reads my blog.
So… consider this a very helpful, very well-organized hint.
You’re welcome.
Every year around Mother’s Day, the same question comes up:
“What do you want?”
And every year, I say some version of:
“I don’t need anything.”
It’s about feeling known. Thought of. Considered.
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only recommend books I personally have or would buy.
Small Luxuries I Won’t Buy Myself
These are the things I always want… but rarely click “add to cart” on.
- A heated eye massager for headaches + screen fatigue (this feels slightly ridiculous, yet… life-changing). An eye massager was actually a surprise gift for Mother’s Day last year, so my husband there.
- A silk pillowcase that actually stays cool overnight such as the original Slip, or the more budget-conscious Blissy
- Under-eye patches that make me look like I slept a full 8 hours. Wander Beauty Baggage Claim are my favorite, but I have been meaning to try Grace and Stella.
- A soft, matching lounge set, like this, that looks put-together but feels like pajamas.
None of these are necessary.
But they make everyday life feel a little more elevated—which, at this stage, is kind of the goal.
Things That Make My Daily Life Easier
This is where gifts start to feel really good—because I use them constantly.
- A really good insulated coffee mug that keeps coffee hot for hours (this is no longer optional). I would be very happy with a Yeti Rambler, but I also secretly have my eye in an Ember Temperature Control Smart Mug.
- A water bottle that doesn’t leak and actually fits in a cup holder (I am, respectfully, done with the impractical Stanley era). I have my eye on a Owala 24 Oz or an Owala 32 Oz as not only are they practical, the color combos are gorgeous.
- A travel jewelry organizer such as this or this so I stop losing the same three things every trip we take.
- A chic everyday tote, like those by Scout, that somehow holds everything without looking like it does. But they quietly make every day smoother.
These aren’t exciting in a big way.
But they quietly make every day smoother.
And I notice that.
Things That Give Me a Minute to Myself
Not a whole day. Not a spa weekend.
Just… a minute where no one is asking me anything.
- A book you can actually get into in 10 minutes. For those who like a good modern romance, I would recommend recent releases that I reviewed in my recent blog post here.
- A simple guided journal, like this 5 minute journal, that doesn’t feel like homework.
- A paint-by-number kit for adults, like this custom one (weirdly calming, zero thinking required).
- A really good shower oil, from brands like Bioderma or L’Ocitane (my favorite) that makes five minutes feel like a reset.
This isn’t about escaping my life.
It’s about having a small moment inside it.
Things That Feel Thoughtful (From the Kids)
These are the ones that matter more than they probably realize.
- An “All About Mom” fill-in-the-blank book, like this one (equal parts sweet and unintentionally humbling).
- A mother–daughter journal we can pass back and forth. We have the “Uniquely Us” mother–daughter journal.
- Even just a handwritten note with a little effort behind it. ❤️
Low-Effort Comfort Upgrades
If it makes home feel better, I’m in.
- A ridiculously soft throw blanket that everyone will try to steal. I love. Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Throw Blanket, but the Bedsure Throw Blanket is a cost effective option.
- Cozy slippers like these Uggs that feel like a small luxury, not an afterthought.
- A lightweight robe like this that works year-round and doesn’t feel frumpy.
None of this is groundbreaking.
But it makes being home feel like a reset instead of just… more to do.
❤️ The Thing I Actually Want Most
If I’m really being honest?
I don’t want to:
- plan the day
- make the reservation
- figure out what everyone wants to eat
- remind anyone of anything
I want:
- coffee I didn’t make
- a plan I didn’t organize
- a day that just… happens
It doesn’t have to be big.
Just thoughtful.
If You’re Not Sure What to Get…
You don’t need to overthink it.
Just choose something that says:
“I see you.”
That’s really it.
(But also… the heated eye massager. I stand by that one.)
Save This for Later
Or send it to someone who might need a hint.
Or, hypothetically, leave it open on a shared computer.
No pressure.




Comments
Post a Comment